Who We Are
Orchid is The First Choice for catastrophe property insurance for thousands of agencies from coast to coast. For more than two decades, our products, process and people have consistently delivered outstanding coverage solutions in the insurance industry.
Orchid Underwriters Agency, LLC (“Orchid Insurance”), a member of the Brown & Brown National Programs family, is a premier leader in program underwriting services and distribution in personal and commercial catastrophe property insurance. For more than two decades we have been the market of choice for brokers and capacity providers alike.
Established in 1998, Orchid Insurance has blossomed to become a leading program administrator on track to underwrite more than $375 million premium-in-force in 2021 through its various divisions. Headquartered in Vero Beach, Fla. with additional offices in Tampa, Orchid designs, markets, underwrites and administers insurance policies on behalf of third-party carriers through an independent network of more than 7,100 experienced agents and brokers.
Since its inception, Orchid has experienced steady growth by representing best-in-class insurance and reinsurance partners, and through successful partnerships with qualified independent retail brokers and select wholesale brokers.
Today, Orchid is positioned for future growth through a focused approach in the continued development of proprietary insurance products and programs. A committed team of seasoned executives, recognition, and utilization of advanced analytics, and a data-centric approach sets Orchid apart in the marketplace. Orchid is committed to investing, developing, and solidifying its position as the leading platform in property and casualty insurance products in the United States, the Bahamas, and the Caribbean.
Moving forward, Orchid promises to deliver underwriting excellence that responds not just to industry challenges, but to longer-term shifts in technology, the economy, and consumer preferences. We believe our best days are ahead.
We are The First Choice in delivering a great experience for employees, agents, carriers, insureds & investors.
- “First Choice” for Employees means providing opportunities to positively engage and grow as part of a dynamic company that continuously improves our overall effectiveness.
- “First Choice” for Agents means offering customized insurance solutions on a single platform where there is an emphasis on ease of use and breadth of products.
- “First Choice” for Carriers means producing exceptional underwriting and business results while being fully transparent on the risks they are assuming.
- “First Choice” for Insureds means delivering high-value insurance products from carriers who will be willing and able to deliver on their promises when they matter most.
- “First Choice” for Investors means a self-sustaining organic growth model which invests in our people, products, and processes while achieving our financial plans.
We offer proprietary and customized insurance solutions with distinguishable ease of use and expertise. We deliver by meeting or exceeding our commitments to all we serve.
At Orchid, this means:
- Specialists that provide customized insurance solutions
- Pursuing an environment of engagement, growth, and learning
- Embracing and driving change
- Teamwork and collaboration that drives exceptional client results
- Delivering WOW in all aspects of customer experience for complete resolution
- Ensuring the highest level of transparency and integrity in all we do
- Winning spirit and commitment to underwriting profitability
We encourage our employees to go above and beyond expectations, work collaboratively, and provide best-in-class service to our customers. We recognize that cultivating a strong culture is an ongoing effort, fostered day after day in both formal and informal ways. Building a unified culture requires thoughtful, purposeful action. To make the experience better every day, we must:
We believe our most valuable asset is our people and our diverse backgrounds and experiences make us stronger. We are committed to supporting each other in achieving our individual and company objectives. We act as one company and believe when we work together, we best meet the full needs of our customers and our community.
We believe that integrity and mutual respect are shared principles within our business. We require timely responses and solutions not only to our customers but to each other. We discuss and resolve differences openly and value feedback and coaching.
Empower and Lead Change
We believe our teams are confident, free to explore and innovate, but also willing to make mistakes and to learn from them. We encourage a culture with an adaptive mindset to be inspired, to be accountable, and to take ownership.