Builder’s Risk insurance is specifically designed to cover homes while they are under construction. During that time, buildings are subject to many different risks. They may catch on fire, be damaged by high winds, or fall victim to other perils. Builder’s Risk insurance covers against some of these losses.
About Builder’s Risk:
- Also called Course of Construction
- Most homeowner’s policies do not cover a home under construction
- Covers supplies and materials
- Coverage includes project from start to finish
- Once construction is completed, the insured will need a homeowners policy
The Orchid Difference
- Our Builder’s minimum is as low as $200,000 in most states
- Can write excluding wind with our DP3 and Builder’s Risk programs if needed
- Can write both ground up construction and renovations policies
- Theft of building materials coverage available
*We cannot write policies in the name of the contractor or builder.